Ever since we moved to Tring in 2006 we have been keen to get involved with the community and lend our support both personally and through our other business, KM Design. When starting Puddingstone Distillery it was very important to us that we would be able to continue this support. However, we are currently receiving many requests each week for sponsorship and free product from local and national charities, schools, individuals and bloggers. As a small business sadly we do not have the means to support every request that comes in.
Firstly we have chosen Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust as our main charity partner. As managers of the reservoirs and land around the distillery, the Trust was a natural choice for us with our love of the outdoors. During the summer months our Campfire Special Edition No 1 Gin is produced in partnership with the Trust and uses Himalayan balsam sourced from land they manage. £2 from every bottle sold goes to the Trust. In addition to this we also run distillery tours with all ticket sales going directly to the Trust. More can be read about Campfire Special Edition No 1 here.
When it comes to other requests we have introduced some methods to filter them and help us choose which charities and events to whom we will give time and donate product.
- Local charities must provide evidence of their charitable status and will be given priority over national or regional charities outside the area.
- We will review all requests from schools in Tring, Wilstone, Berkhamsted, Aldbury, Pitstone, Marsworth and Wigginton and provide support where possible. Schools in other areas will be considered but please note local schools will be given priority.
- Members of the public holding a private fundraising event for a charity must provide us with a letter from said charity stating this to be the case.
- Unless otherwise agreed, our support will continue to be through either the free or discounted issue of product or gift vouchers (tour vouchers are excluded) and where possible the marketing of your event.
- Bloggers must provide evidence of genuine followers and engagement across multiple platforms. The blog must be gin, spirits or food & drink biased and/or have an outdoor/conservation theme. Consideration would be given to other bloggers if we feel it is appropriate.
Regrettably we cannot support all applications.
If you wish to make a request please do so via our contact form or send a letter to the address below. Sadly we cannot make on the spot decisions via phone request or in person in the distillery shop as we like to give time to review each application. We will not respond to requests via social media platforms.
We view all charity support as a partnership and ask in return for a bit of advertising and that maybe you pop in and buy some gin. If you can help spread the word about Campfire Gin with all your friends that would be great too.
Ben & Kate
Unit 1, Artisan Workshops
P E Mead & Sons Farm Shop
Lower Icknield Way